2017 SERVICE PROJECTS
2016 SERVICE PROJECTS
- CORA (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse)
- Infidelity Counseling Network
- Expanding Your Horizons
- Two SSF Chamber of Commerce Higher Education Scholarships
- Three 2016 Live Your Dream Awards
- Two 2015 Live Your Dream Recognitions
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, Soroptimist International of the Americas has disbursed approximately $30 million in education grants to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families.
2016 AWARDS CEREMONY
- CORA (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse) - February, 2015
- Sitike Substance Abuse Counseling Center - February, 2015
- Infidelity Counseling Network - May 5, 2015
- Expanding Your Horizons - March 21, 2015
- SSF Chamber of Commerce Annual Scholarship Program - April 23, 2015
- Live Your Dream Awards - June 10, 2015
- 2015-16 El Camino High School S-Club
Photos from Live Your Dream Awards Presentation at Green Hills Country Club on June 10, 2015
2015 Annual Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Recipients
First year our club has awarded two scholarships to high school graduates.
Expanding Your Horizons - March 21, 2015
This is an ongoing project – although initial involvement began more than 20 years ago, it has now been financially supported by SINSMC for 5 years. We are listed as sponsor on program.
SINMSC supports Expanding Your Horizons in 4 main areas:
- Attend initial planning meetings and help find workshop speakers
- Make donation to EYH main program
- Financially support 3 local schools for tuition and buses
- Provide “Stop Teen Dating Violence” book marks for event day welcoming bags
Decision is made annually by club on funding level.
Club supports Fernando Rivera and Ben Franklin Intermediate Schools in Daly City. Also, Parkway Heights Intermediate, South San Francisco.
This year's General Assembly included a welcome from Skyline President Regina Stanback Stroud, and a key note speaker was Carol Bauman, known for her special effects and set design work for the Star Wars series.
Any remaining approved funds are sent directly to the college for the Expanding Your Horizons program.
Number of girls benefiting: 149 (total attendance at event was 1200)
Sierra Pacific Region S-Club Conference, Delano CA, March 7, 2015
Six students from El Camino High School's S-Club traveled to Delano, CA to participate in the 2015 S-Club Conference hosted by Delano High School and Cesar E. Chavez High School. This year's theme was Welcome to the Magical World of SERVICE, with clubs participating as Disney characters. Students promote friendship, leadership and service. Transportation, support and financial assistance is provided by SI North San Mateo County.